We were at a restaurant last night that had portion size way out of control. And entre size was at least 3 times normal and maybe 4 times. Almost every item had meat in it. Under healthy options was salad with bacon. Come on bacon and healthy, isn’t that an oxymoron? There are some restaurants that try to keep portion sizes down. We typically order one entre and share it. Support restaurants that give you a choice of real healthy foods. Salads should be fresh with a variety of vegetables. Dressing should be on the side and choose balsamic alone or with a little EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). If you choose fish get it broiled or grilled not fried! Watch the soft drinks they are a killer (literally) in sugars. Even diet drinks can still lead to diabetes. It turns out that obesity has grown even though most people drink diet drinks. Drink a glass of wine or water.
- Eating out Light and Healthy (georgefebish.wordpress.com)
- The new restaurant fat traps (cnn.com)
- Staying Healthy While Eating Out (everydayfamily.com)
- Nutrition: You Can Have a Healthy Meal at a Restaurant (davidvalefitness.wordpress.com)
- Eating healthier at work (vtwest.wordpress.com)
- Super Savory Springtime Salad (myelephantring.com)
- Eat Smart When You Go Out (lovelifehealthy.wordpress.com)