Eating plant-based foods are our natural medicines. There are substances in all plant-based foods that can help make us healthy and prevent disease. Researchers at University of Illinois have found that flavonoid compounds, such as apigenin and luteolin can actually kill cancer cells by inhibiting an important enzyme. The human body evolved along with plant life. Plants were early mans most common food. As we evolved our cells made use of the compounds in plant food to nourish and fight diseases. Are you eating a lot but starving your body of vital nutrients? Eat well!
- Compounds in Artichokes, Celery, and Cilantro Could Help Fight Pancreatic Cancer (titans-table.com)
- Compounds Found in Celery, Artichokes, can Kill Human Pancreatic Cancer Cells (medindia.net)
- Celery, Artichokes Contain Flavonoids That Kill Pancreatic Cancer Cells (eurasiareview.com)
- Celery, artichokes, oregano kill human pancreatic cancer cells (upi.com)
- Celery, artichokes contain flavonoids that kill human pancreatic cancer cells (eurekalert.org)
- Eating celery helps fights off pancreatic cancer (mirror.co.uk)