We all have good bacteria in our gut. It helps digest what we eat and keep us healthy. In fact we can not live without these microbes. Eating the wrong foods can kill off this good bacteria with a strain of bad bacteria. This link takes you to a great BLOG on this subject. Don’t miss the cartoon at the end of the BLOG! It states to medical students that, “Preventative medicine kills return business.” Eating animal based proteins (meat, cheese, eggs and milk) will increase the bad bacteria and thus lessen the good ones.
We are very complex creatures. Our systems have a delicate balance that when upset can cause diseases. This system was developed over millions of years as we evolved. What we mostly ate during that time was plant-based foods. These foods were evolving as well. They provided us with the missing nutrients we needed to exist. In our modern society, many people exist without many lang-based foods at all. This is why we are so sick as a society. If it continues no government program will work. It will simply break and millions of people will suffer with their diseases. Our current system works because fewer people are sick than healthy but that is changing rapidly.
- Diet could possibly affect mood via bacteria in gut (indigomoodrhythms.wordpress.com)
- Diet could possibly affect mood via bacteria in gut (indigomindspectrum.wordpress.com)
- Diet Changes Gut Bacteria Within a Day, Harvard Study Finds (bloomberg.com)
- Bacteria tails implicated in gut inflammation (scienceblog.com)
- New Diet Study Reveals The Link Between Meat-Eating And IBS (wonderfultips.wordpress.com)
- Chowing Down On Meat And Dairy Alters Gut Bacteria A Lot, And Quickly (npr.org)
- Colon Cancer Linked to Low Diversity of Gut Bacteria (livescience.com)
- The bacteria in breast milk (blogs.scientificamerican.com)