The more sugar we eat the more we need to get a dopamine response. This numbing effect causes us to want more and more sweets. Dr Greger says obesity might be a mental disorder. We keep eating sweets even though we know it’s bad for us. It turns out not only sweets are addictive but the whole class of fatty foods. Meats, cheese, milk, etc. The effect this has on our brain lowers other pleasures in life, like sex. If you want to live a better and happier life you need to got off your addictions!
Sweetness from natural fruits is different! Nature packs its sweetness into fiber causing the sugars to be released over time like a time capsule. This prevents spiking and the negativity associated with sugar. Learn to enjoy the natural sweetness of fruits.
- Genetics, Brain Chemicals, and Obesity (123mymdblog.com)
- Sugary Food Taste Better to Women (medindia.net)
- Targeting the dopamine system in Parkinson’s disease: Is it a dead end? (neuroscience-in-psychiatry.org)
- Obesity falls in English schools (bbc.co.uk)
- dopamine and sugar cravings (thegreatmombie.wordpress.com)