The New England Journal of Medicine published a paper on the benefits of consuming nuts in our daily diet. They said, “They found that people who ate an average of one serving of nuts per day had a 20 percent lower risk of death from several common health problems compared to those who never ate nuts. The more nuts they ate, the greater the effect.” Nuts are so good for us they are nutrient dense. Dr. David Katz, founding director of Yale University‘s Prevention Research Center, who is not affiliated with the study, said that though the study cannot prove conclusively that eating more nuts will keep you alive longer, the findings are healthy food for thought.
Diet is so important for our health that everyone should do what they cab to eat well. We only have one life. How we live it is up to us!
- Eat more nuts this holiday season – you might just live longer (southeastfarmpress.com)
- A Handful of Nuts a Day May Help You Live Longer – ABC News (blog) (abcnews.go.com)
- Eating nuts ‘may prolong life’ (truthfrequencyradio.com)
- Munch on nuts (morningmistnutra.wordpress.com)
- Eating nuts ‘may prolong life’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Living Longer with Nuts (healthbistro.lifescript.com)