Sleeping is so necessary for us. We fall asleep watching TV, in the park as well as in bed. If we don’t get enough we get cranky. Why is it so important. Scientists don’t know everything about sleep but at the University of Rochester, they have found one reason we sleep. It is to clear out the junk in our brains. This clean up is important for a fresh start each day.
We also know that lack of sleep can lead to health disorders, mood disorders and depression. Are you getting enough sleep?
- Scientists Discover the Reason We Need Sleep (mashable.com)
- Sleep: When Brain Cells Shrink & Neuro Trash Is Flushed Away – Facts So Romantic (nautil.us)
- Scientists Discover the Reason We Need Sleep (retrometrotech.wordpress.com)
- New Study: Our Brains Need Sleep To Clean Themselves (webpronews.com)
- Is It Normal We Stay Up Late and Sleep In? (mashedpotatoesblog.com)
- How sleep clears the brain of toxins (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sleep clears brain of toxins, study shows (radionz.co.nz)
- A Good Night’s Sleep May Protect Against Dementia (aarp.org)