Vegetables, as Socrates said, are our medicine. Nature gave us vegetables & fruits to energize our bodies, protect them from invading diseases and provide the necessary nutrients for life. Without them we are running on dirty and inefficient fuel. It is only a matter of time until our bodies break down. Then we live with disease or die.
The Harvard School of Public Health publicized a study that concluded we should eat our vegetables and plenty of them. It concluded that plant life helps lower the risk, prevent and even improve the flowing:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- High Blood Pressure
- Gastrointestinal Health
Can anyone justify not eating plants? So much is at stake. Simply doing what grandma knew can improve your life substantially. Why risk so much?
The study goes on to say eat plenty of vegetables & fruits. What does plenty mean? More than most Americans eat. This is the single reason so many Americans are sick and die prematurely. It is NOT old age. It is bad fuel!
- 10 Ways to Eat More Veggies (cooperaerobics.wordpress.com)
- Risk of Early Death Lowered by Eating Seven Portions of Fruit and Veggies Daily (medindia.net)
- Tips for teaching kids the value of veggies (news-journalonline.com)
- Roasting Vegetables (farmstandelsegundo.wordpress.com)
- Play Color Games to Get Kids to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables (bodymindbeautyhealth.com)
- Can’t Get Your Kids To Eat More Vegetables? Try Offering A Rainbow Of Options (medicaldaily.com)
- People Should Eat Not 5, but 7 Portions of Fruit and Veggies per Day (news.softpedia.com)
- What are three good vegetables to eat over and over, semi-obsessively? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Veggies, Veggies, Gotta Eat Some Veggies (pumping4life.com)
- Fruits & veggies you a) can eat raw, and b) don’t have to refrigerate (ask.metafilter.com)