About 1/3 of the honeybee colony has been disappearing each year for the last 7 years. They are not finding dead honeybee bodies so no one knows where they are going. This will obviously affect our honey products but it may illuminate about 1/3 of all produce in the supermarket. Fruit and nuts are pollinated by honeybees. Can you imagine life without fruits and nuts? This would have a devastating effect on human life as we know it.
- What’s all the buzz about? Inside the mysterious mass disappearance of honeybees (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- Inside the mysterious mass disappearance of honeybees (nodisinfo.com)
- Drop in honeybees population worries U.S. farmers (mysafetysign.com)
- The real reason to worry about bees (scienceblog.com)
- What’s Up With the Bees? Part 1 The Amazing Dissappearing Honeybee (honeythymeherbfarm.com)