I had a friend that said to me, “I don’t like the taste of organic!” That is really weird. Organic has no added taste. It is just the absence of preservatives. I told my friend to just go into the garage and get some fertilizer and sprinkle it on his organics and he would have regular produce. A little harsh, I admit but it does get the point across. God and nature made plant life a certain way to help keep us healthy and nourished. Man started fertilizing to increase profits at the cost of health. Look at our country now. After a few generations we are mostly sick.
There is another side to nutrients besides organics. It is rotating crops properly so the soil revives and keeps its nutrient base. When done properly, our plant food is very nutritious. Again it it a costly practice that has been mostly abandoned in the US for higher profits. Europe, especially Italy, still has farmers that care about taste and nutrients and farm to older standards. It works there because people want better tasting foods and healthier foods.
What are you eating?
- The Good Earth: Organic fertilizers are plentiful (triblive.com)
- The Hazardous Effect Of Chemical Fertilizer: Organic Fertilizer Is The Only Solution (gsplantfoods7.wordpress.com)
- Study Shows How Organic Tomatoes Exceed Conventional In Antioxidant Value (realfarmacy.com)
- Why Choose Organic? Here’s 7 Compelling Reasons (natural-holistic-health.com)
- Yummy Organics for Kids (cookingmagicforkids.wordpress.com)