Pizza has always been cheesy but can you enjoy pizza without the real cheese? The answer is yes and there are two ways to do it:
- Use a vegan cheese on the pie. This works but doesn’t melt as well as real cheese and is different in consistency but it might work for you.
- My preference is a pie without cheese. You can order these at your local pizzeria. I get crispy crust and put my favorite veggies on it like mushrooms, onions and black olives. The taste is wonderful and I find I don’t miss the cheese.
Using a thin crispy crust cuts back on carbs as well. The cheese less pizzas are sometimes called Tomato Pies.
- Vegan dinners (nicolecla.com)
- The secret to perfectly reheated pizza (snagajob.com)
- VeganMoFo Day 9: everybody loves pizza! (vegansophist.wordpress.com)
- Vegans like pizza too! (locavorelivinguf.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Frozen Pizza! (vegangothfairy.wordpress.com)
- Why being vegan doesn’t stop you eating pizza (veganinahurry.wordpress.com)
- Tropical Veggie Pizza with Cashew ‘Mozzarella’ (chefbabajoy.wordpress.com)