We are in a southern town and I know Southern Fried Chicken, Pulled Pork and Barbecue are important staples. I went into a restaurant and saw they has a vegetarian salad. OK vegetarian and salad together seems pretty safe, right? No it had bacon on it. Really! I said to the waitress this was suppose to be vegetarian. She says, it is it has vegetables on it. I really had no answer for that LOL. When I told her I don’t eat meat, she looked at me real funny and said WHY?
Diet is so ingrained into us from childhood that it’s hard to change it. The problem is the food industry has been changing things drastically for years now and not for the better. 80% of what is on your supermarket shelves weren’t around 100 years ago. Think about that. In a 100 very short years we are eating totally new stuff. It’s made up stuff that is processed. Is it any wonder so many people have weight problems and serious health issues? Do your self a favor and ask what you and your family are eating. list it one of two columns: Column 1 processed man-made stuff and Column 2 Nature made stuff. I bet column 1 wins hands down. If your column 2 is larger you probably have no weight or health issues.
Eat well …
- How To Make Lunch This Lenten Season (mypapershop.com)
- A plea to non-vegetarians… (art4angel.wordpress.com)
- So many vegetarian/vegan options in Los Angeles (internabroad2013.wordpress.com)
- How Society Treats Vegetarians: My Appeal to Omnivores (stoprightwingextremism.wordpress.com)
- My Path: Being Vegetarian (nithincoca.com)