Americans seem to be addicted on everything. People still smoke, they are also addicted to sugars, fast food, fried foods, fats, etc. All of which are bad for us and we know it. So why do we still do it? I think our brains have an incredible ability to stay alive. We typically don’t think we are going to die until we have a disease. Young people never think about mortality, nor should they. We all believe we are immortal at least for the near future. This is why people smoke or eat poorly. We don’t really believe it will affect us. If it does down the road, science will have a cure for it. I have news for you … THERE ARE NO CURES BEING DEVELOPED! A cure to cancer, heart disease, Parkinson, Alzheimer’s, etc. would mean a loss of billions to the drug industry. So it is very unlikely any cures will be discovered soon. They would love a pill that will keep you alive but not cure the disease.
It would seem we don’t really care about our health or at least don’t think about it until it is too late. It is sad since so much suffering and death could be avoided with simple life-style changes.
- They Could Stop If They Wanted To: Common Myths… (psychcentral.com)
- The Possibility Of Love Addiction Recovery By Experts And Patients (loveaddictiontreatment.wordpress.com)
- Disease Vs. Dumbass (aprilpfrogner.wordpress.com)
- A T T E N T I O N: A disease without a cure…an evil world. (noalastmnaa.wordpress.com)
- Fast Food As Addictive As Heroin, Study Confirms (undergroundhealth.com)
- What did you eat today? (purefood4all.wordpress.com)