These quick and simple burgers are best served on top a whole-wheat bun and dressed up with your favorite toppings!
4 Portobello mushroom caps
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
4 whole-grain burger buns
Optional toppings: ketchup, mustard, sliced red onion, and lettuce or sprouts
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Use a spoon to scrape the gills off the mushrooms and discard the gills. Place the mushrooms stem side down on a baking sheet and lightly brush each with some of the soy sauce. Sprinkle with a little black pepper.
Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Serve on the buns, topped with any or all of the toppings.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 2 g fat; 13% calories from fat; 8 g protein; 21 g carbohydrates; 6 g sugar; 4 g fiber; 434 mg sodium
- Lettuce Wraps a Go-Go (alexatliberty.com)
- Asian Spaghetti (laurynrose.wordpress.com)
- Carol Fenster’s Tips for Safe Gluten-Free Grilling (prweb.com)
- Salmon Burgers, Buffalo Burgers & Portobello Burgers | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Grilling for Vegetarians (fighttheinnerfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Asparagus and Tofu Stir Fry (nononsensenibbles.wordpress.com)
- Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers (tastesofjuniper.wordpress.com)
- Hawaiian Portobello Mushroom Burgers (cleaneatingveggiegirl.com)
- Crispy Baked Tofu, Eggplant, Mushroom + Broccoli Stir-Fry (thecultivatedkitchen.com)