Diet is so important to all of us but athletes need a strong healthy diet to endure the sports they perform. What are athletes eating? Brendan Brazier, the former Ironman triathlete and ultra-marathon champion said he change to a vegan diet in high school athlete wanting to turn professional someday. he said, “I knew I had to improve,” Brazier explained in an interview. “I tried high carb, low carb, high protein, low protein, all sorts of different diets. Then I tried plant-based. It started with me just taking a daily blender drink of fats, plants, proteins.” Many athletes are switching to a plant-based diet to improve their bodies.
Being an athlete does NOT prevent illnesses or diseases! They have as many as normal people. Yes their bodies are strong but they can get cancer, heart disease, the dementias’, etc. Fitness experts say a plant-based diet leads to better performance, deeper sleep and higher energy levels. Could you use these three benefits on your job? Switch to plant-based eating and reap the rewards for yourself.
- Plant Diets can cure Fibromyalgia (georgefebish.wordpress.com)
- Vegan diets taking root among athletes, exercisers (bangordailynews.com)
- Plant-based diets take root in U.S. among athletes, exercisers (healthnexercise.com)
- Big Buff Vegetarians (chelseahilbig.wordpress.com)
- almost vegan (nutritioninthekitchen.wordpress.com)