I am back from my honeymoon to Italy. The country, people and food are great. We went to Capri, Sorrento and Positano. I couldn’t help but think about the food in Italy. The fruits and vegetables are so much fresher, aromatic and tasty than here. Strawberries are red inside and juicy. Vegetables have an aroma and great taste. Food is not overcooked but slightly crunchy texture. We need to think about our food supply. How we farm, how long food sits in warehouses and what we are loosing in flavor and aroma. Eating is far more than chewing food. Our taste is more aromatic than taste. Our senses use texture, smell, flavor and visual to make our food appealing. Buy as fresh as you can. Enjoy food the way nature intended it to be eaten.
We know how important food is to our health and well being but it also must be appealing to us. Eat well!
- Italy in a tiny backpack (twoaussiebackpacks.wordpress.com)
- Capri, Italy by foot, each corner a dream (pipeyanguas.wordpress.com)
- I heart Positano (Treasures from the Mediterranean) (navarrahong.com)
- Picture Perfect Positano (the-travelbunny.com)
- Mangia che ti fa bene! (bonvivantdiaries.wordpress.com)
- positano, italy (collectingwonder.com)
- Sorrento, Italy (meganemilyloves.wordpress.com)
- Capri, Italy for dreamers (pipeyanguas.wordpress.com)