Our normal diet is very SAD! We Americans eat too much salt, sugar and greasy fried foods. I was eating in a great Italian restaurant in Boca Raton, FL last night. The owner, chef was from Naples, Italy and had been chef at Grand Hotel in Rome, Italy. We got talking about Italy and how his food was very close to what you got in Italy at the non tourist restaurants. He said most people come into his restaurant and add salt to his food even before they taste it. It is a crutch! Salt & sugar can lead to serious illnesses and death. We buy prepared foods which are loaded with salt and sugars. We then salt them before eating them. Typically we have more than a daily allowance of salt in a single meal.
Try breaking away from prepared foods, canned foods and frozen foods as much as possible. Buy fresh produce and cook it your self. Add a little bit of salt for flavor. If you break the salt & sugar addition, you will enjoy the real taste of fresh food more and be healthier. Many people believe soup is so healthy and eat a lot of it. Canned or boxed soups are very high in salt. BEWARE! Make your own soup from scratch with little or no salt. Add a small amount as you serve it for flavor. The life you save might be your own or a loved one.
- Is Your Taste Leading you to an Unhealthy Lifestyle? (georgefebish.wordpress.com)
- Salt, Sugar, Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss – review (foodforfuture.wordpress.com)
- 3 poisons in your diet which you can easily avoid (healthandcare.in)
- The Unvarnished Truth About Sugar (formefitness.wordpress.com)
- Dietary Sugars Intake and Cardiovascular Health. A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association (notbiganymore.com)