Insulin Like Growth Factor (IGF1) is a cancer promoting hormone found in animal protein. This appears to be why vegan diets seem to drastically and quickly cancel the negative affects of cancer. This hormone causes inflammation that takes hours for our body to fight. What do most Americans do hours after they have eaten? They eat again and usually eat something with animal protein (meat, poultry, eggs, milk, cheese, butter). The more we eat of this type of protein, the more IGF1 our bodies need to fight. inflammation is a major link to all types of cancer. I have spoken about this before on this BLOG. Dr Greger talks a lot about it in his BLOGs. Here are some links to his BLOGs:
- Cancer-Proofing Your Body
- Treating an Enlarged Prostate With Diet
- How Do Plant-Based Diets Fight Cancer?
- Vegan Men: More Testosterone But Less Cancer
Eat your veggies and fight the affects of this hormone or simply don’t eat animal protein.
- IGF-1 And Long IGF-1 LR3 Is There A Difference? US Peptides Discusses (bioresearchonline.com)
- Fewer signs of Alzheimer’s from low protein restricted diet (Video) (examiner.com)