Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), says Harvard Medical School Joslin Diabetes Center found that patients suffering from type 1 diabetes have higher blood sugar levels after digesting a high fat meal. We typically think of diabetes and lowering carbohydrates but we should also control fat. Low fat vegan diets have helped type 2 diabetes patients and now may also help type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes Symptoms & Causes (answers.com)
- Researchers increase understanding of genetic risk factor for type 1 diabetes (medicalxpress.com)
- Differentiating between Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type 2 (epicahealth.com)
- Atkins Diet Causes Diabetic Ketoacidosis in Diabetes Mellitus Sufferers (guardianlv.com)
- Living with juvenile diabetes a constant learning curve (nanaimobulletin.com)