Meat had been called the “Perfect Protein” but we now know animal protein has high levels of IGF 1 which causes cancer. Dr Greger talks about IGF 1 in meat and soy. Soy was called the perfect non-meat protein because it resembled animal protein. Unfortunately it also has higher levels of IGF 1. If you swapped soy exclusively for meat you probably wouldn’t be lowering your cancer risk by that much. If you eat some soy (3-5 servings, see yesterdays BLOG) and ate other fruits, nuts and vegetables and no meat you would significantly reduce IGF 1 levels.
- Ignore your Veggies and Live with Cancer (georgefebish.wordpress.com)
- High Protein Foods List (answers.com)
- Soy vs. Meat (georgefebish.wordpress.com)
- Does Milk Cause Acne? (acneeinstein.com)
- Whey Protein: A Scoopful Of Acne? (acneeinstein.com)
- To Eat Soy Or Not (theafterburnsg.wordpress.com)
- Soy Nutritional Composition – United Soybean Board (soyconnection.com)