Dr Fuhrman’s position on animal products is clear, consume it and you will get sick. In an article in “Disease Proof – Eat smart & Live happy”, says:
• Low fat diets do NOT help lower cholesterol unless you also eliminate animal fat.
• Red meat is NOT the only problem. Consumption of fish and chicken are associated with colon cancers.
• Chicken has about the same amount of cholesterol as beef.
• 15 different studies showed that consumption of processed meats led to an increase in stomach cancer risk of 15% to 38%.
When will we learn how to really eat healthy?
- Plant foods and animal foods…how do they measure up? (plantstrongliving.com)
- Take Two #28: Lies in the Food Pyramid (westseattleherald.com)