My fiancée was told she shouldn’t eat vegetables and fruit before her colonoscopy but it was OK to eat meat, white bread (not whole wheat) and diary. She asked “So I am getting a colonoscopy to check if I have colon cancer and I should only eat the foods that cause colon cancer?” The medical communities lack of understanding the dietary side of epigenetics and how it can cause cancer is concerning. We need the young doctors coming out of medical school to take a hard look at the affects of epigenetics and understand our environment is what is affecting out health and the answer is not drugs and certainly the old school thinking needs to be updated. Lawyers could have a field day with this one.
- Wealthy pick colonoscopy over at-home cancer test – Reuters (drugstoresource.wordpress.com)
- Why Colonoscopy is a MUST for prevention! (drlisroy.com)
- Confirmed: Colonoscopies cut cancer deaths (msnbc.msn.com)
- Colonoscopies shown to greatly reduce deaths – San Francisco Chronicle (sfgate.com)
- Colorectal cancer death risk cut in half through colonoscopies, study shows – CBS News (cbsnews.com)