I have had this video on my BLOG before but it is so important for you to see, I am playing it again. If you are thinking of being a vegetarian, vegan or just cutting back on your meat intake. Dr John Kelly talks about research he has done on public health and nutrition. He specializes in heart disease, diabetes and obesity. He talks about a study of two groups with diabetes. One group ate mostly plant-based foods while the other group ate a diet recommended by American Diabetes Association (ADA). At eleven weeks both groups lowered sugar levels drastically. After eleven weeks the ADA diet leveled off while the plant-based diet continued to drastically lower sugar levels.
- Kidney Diabetes Diet (answers.com)
- Dextrose & Diabetes (tlhdiabetes.wordpress.com)
- Carbohydrates in the Diabetes Diet (everydayhealth.com)
- Diabetes and Sugar Substitutes (everydayhealth.com)
- Diabetic Diet – 5 Ways To Lower Your Blood Sugar Level | Foods for diabetics (socallegs.wordpress.com)
- How zero-calorie beverages and overall diet interact to impact our health (news.bioscholar.com)