Wine in moderation is good for you. It is a magical drink that changes grape juice into wine. When wine is done right it is great and healthy. You can easily make your own homemade wines by buying grapes, juice, or kits from companies like E.C. Kraus. I have another BLOG on how to make wine. Check it out and make some wine.
May 22, 2013
diet, eating well epigenetics, Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics, vegan diet Biology, Chicken, Conditions and Diseases, Cooking, Diet, Disease, DNA, DNA methylation, Eating, epigenetic, Epigenetics, epigenome, food, Gene, Gene expression, Genetics, Health, Healthcare, Meat, Meat analogue, Nutrigenomics, Nutrition, Plant Based Foods, Protein, Tastes like chicken, Vegan, Veganism, vegetable, Vegetarianism, well being, Whole Foods 2 Comments
I have spoken about Beyond Meats chicken-less chicken before. It is a fantastic product that is used to make dishes in Whole Foods Supermarkets. It is now available at Whole Foods to purchase and bring home so you can make your own dishes. This product looks and tastes like chicken. Go wild, make some great recipes and let me know what is your favorite.
- Meatless Tacos with Beyond Meat(TM) (vegtosterone.com)
- Beyond Meat to unveil new meat alternative product (Video) (examiner.com)
- Taste Test: Beyond Meat’s Chicken-less Chicken Strips (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fake Meat for the Masses? (inc.com)
- Tastes Like Chicken (alexamullen.wordpress.com)
May 9, 2013
diet, eating well epigenetics, Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics, stress, vegan diet Adrenocorticotropic hormone, Biology, Cell (biology), Conditions and Diseases, Diabetes mellitus type 2, Diet, Disease, DNA, DNA methylation, Eating, epigenetic, Epigenetics, epigenome, Gene, Gene expression, Genetics, Health, Healthcare, Immune system, Insulin resistance, light, Sleep deprivation, Sleep disorder 1 Comment
The Therapy Book had another great BLOG on how light affects us. The BLOG says, “A 2001 study revealed that sleep deprivation could lead to insulin resistance, a risk factor for the development of adult onset diabetes. A 2002 study showed chronic sleep deprivation could decrease immune function and make a person more susceptible to infection.” “high levels of cortisol and its precursor, adrenocorticotropic hormone” can lead to stress and lower our immune systems response. Hormones are epigenetic triggers. They trigger genes in each cell that respond to the stimulus. Sometimes this response is good and healthy and sometimes it’s bad and unhealthy. Our bodies are not trying to make us unhealthy only react to our environment.
- Role of Corticosterone on Sleep Homeostasis Induced by REM Sleep Deprivation in Rats (plosone.org)
- 6 Reasons To Get Your Sleep (meghanblocke.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Michael J. Breus: Lack Of Sleep Disrupts Our Genes (huffingtonpost.com)
- Negative effects of sleep deprivation (josephblockh.wordpress.com)
- Sleep deprivation can affect achievement – study (radionz.co.nz)
- Is Sleep Deprivation affecting your child’s performance at school? (kipmcgrathurmston.wordpress.com)
- Sleep and Your Productivity (mrsmarvel.com)
- Study finds link between obesity and sleep deprivation in teens (fitkrysta.wordpress.com)
- The world’s most sleep-starved students (bbc.co.uk)