Dr. Greger’s video below, shows how eating more nuts and seeds which contain phytosterols will lower our bodies cholesterol levels. Basically our body takes a certain amount of cholesterol and absorbs it while flushing out the excess as waste. Phytosterols look chemically similar to cholesterol. In fact they fool the body into accepting them in place of cholesterol. They do not have any of the negative reactions that cholesterol has. If the body is absorbing some cholesterol and some phytosterols, there are less amounts of cholesterol being absorbed. More goes to waste.
- How To Get Normal Cholesterol Levels (answers.com)
- Study: Eating egg yolks almost as dangerous as smoking (foxnews.com)
- Control Cholesterol Levels With a Healthy Diet (everydayhealth.com)
- An apple a day keeps high cholesterol at bay? (vancouversun.com)
- What is Cholesterol? (livescience.com)