Sleep Apnea is a growing concern. One symptom is snoring while asleep. It is caused by the soft tissue of your throat and tongue closing causing you to stop breathing. Our bodies react by snoring to cause the passages to re-open and we start breathing again. In worst cases you can stop breathing permanently and die or have a stroke. Our bodies react through epigenetics by increasing the amount of hematocrit which helps get limited oxygen to organs more efficiently. One solution is surgery and another is using a machine called PAP (Positive Airway Pressure). CPAP is one such machine. These machines blow air into your nose to help keep your passages open. The problem is that even people with a mild case of sleep apnea are being prescribed these machines. They cause a reverse epigenetic reaction. Our bodies return to normal levels of hematocrit. You become addicted to the machine. It feels good. If you take a nap or sleep without the machine you may have serious problems with breathing. When confronted, doctors will agree that losing weight and training yourself to sleep on your side will also help mild cases. You should also avoid alcohol before bed. Epigenetics is the program that runs us as humans. Everything in life affects it. If you have sleep apnea, research it carefully, get multiple opinions, decide on what path of action is best for you. Get healthy before attaching yourself to a machine for life.
Sleep apnea is also associated with diseases such as alzheimers and diabetes.
- New Treatment Helps Ease Sleep Apnea, Snoring (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Device to diagnose sleep apnea at home in the works (ctv.ca)
- New Study Suggests Treating Sleep Apnea and Alzheimer’s Can Really be as Easy as Side Sleeping, Says Rematee (prweb.com)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: 5 Ways to Live With Your CPAP Machine (webmd.com)
- Snoring Isn’t Sexy Makes It Easier for Facebook Users to Find a Dentist to Treat Snoring and Sleep Apnea (prweb.com)
- Quietsleep and Snoring Isn’t Sexy Announce Merger (prweb.com)
- Sleep Apnea Sufferers Get New Weapon Called ‘Provent’ (inquisitr.com)
- Sleep Apnea: The Noisy Killer (piaw.blogspot.com)
- Is there a dental appliance for snoring and sleep apnea? (mckaydentistry.wordpress.com)
- To Treat Sleep Apnea, Some Shed a Mask – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)